Unveiled in 2018 at the ACT Expo in Long Beach, Calif., eNow brought its all-electric, solar-based refrigeration system to The Work Truck Show 2020 in Indianapolis.
Developed in 2017, the solar-electric powered refrigeration system – branded Rayfrigeration – was a zero-emissions transport refrigeration unit (TRU) on a truck making deliveries in an urban environment. A 24-foot, straight truck owned by Challenge Dairy was beta tested during the heat of the summer in California’s San Joaquin Valley. ENow’s system exceeded all expectations – in both emissions reduction and operating cost savings.
Check out a video of Challenge Dairy's experience below:
Now developed for 53-foot trailers, eNow showcased the system at the Work Truck Show.
eNow solar eTRUs:
- Use 100% renewable, silent, solar energy to power the electric reefer by day.
- Plug into shore power to quietly recharge the system at night.
- Require less maintenance than diesel counterparts.
- Have 3-5 years longer asset life.
- Are compatible with new reefer trailers of all makes.
Originally posted on Work Truck Online