Over the past year, PrePass Safety Alliance’s Board of Directors has approved 47 new bypassing sites in Illinois, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Wisconsin.
PrePass Safety Alliance is a non-profit public-private partnership that has served the trucking industry and state agencies since 1993 to improve highway safety and efficiency in commercial transportation. The new PrePass sites include:
- Illinois: Richmond NB and SB US12
- Michigan: Grass Lake EB and WB I-94
- Montana: Clearwater Junction EB, WB and SB MT 200
- North Carolina: Charlotte SB I-85; Gaston County NB I-85; and Mt. Airy NB I-77
- North Dakota: Beach EB I-94; Bowman NB, SB, EB and WB US 12/US 85; Joliette SB US 81; and West Fargo WB I-94
- New Jersey: Carney’s Point NB I-295; Greenwich EB I-78; and Knowlton EB I-80
- Ohio: Van Wert EB US 30
- Texas: Abernathy NB and SB I-27; Childress NB and SB US 287; Mt. Pleasant EB and WB I-30; Penwell EB I-20; Queen City EB US 59; Refugio NB US 77; San Marcos SB I-35; and Three Rivers NB and SB I-37
- Wisconsin: Sparta EB I-90
In addition, Carson NB on Interstate 405 in California is also now reopened after extended closure. All of these new PrePass sites offer bypassing service using Motion, PrePass’ mobile application for iOS and Android powered smartphones and tablets as well as for select telematics devices. PrePass Motion also includes Alerts, notifications of upcoming road hazards including high wind areas, steep grades and no commercial vehicle roads.
“According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the average national cost of diesel fuel has been near or above $3 per gallon for at least the past couple of years and shows no signs of dropping below this level in 2020,” said Mark Doughty, Alliance president and chief operating officer. “Safe weigh station bypassing means significant fuel savings that flow directly to a carrier’s bottom line.”
In addition to weigh station bypass, PrePass Safety Alliance also offers electronic toll payment options through PrePass Plus. Both services include Inform, a comprehensive data management suite offered to PrePass customers at no cost that helps fleets understand and take action to improve their safety scores and reduce tolling impacts.