BFGoodrich has launched two commercial truck tires, the Highway Control S and Highway Control T, designed for durability and fuel efficiency.
The BFGoodrich Highway Control S is a steer/all-position tire that is available immediately and replaces the BFGoodrich ST 244. It is available in sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (Load Range G), 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (Load Range H), 275/80R22.5 (Load Range G), and 285/80R24.5 (Load Range G).
The new BFGoodrich Highway Control T trailer tire will be available May 1 and replaces the BFGoodrich TR 144. Highway Control T offers many of the same features as its steer counterpart, with new sidewall compounds designed for fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear.
The Highway Control T incorporates a shoulder-decoupling groove with microsipes to help fight the onset of irregular wear. The trailer-tire has a long tread life and its pass-through groove is designed to provide outstanding water evacuation. The BFGoodrich Highway Control T tire is available in sizes 11R22.5, 275/80R22.5, 11R24.5 and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G).
The BFGoodrich Highway Control tire line is SmartWay-verified and is designed with features that include:
- New sidewall compounds designed to provide fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear
- Improved shoulder rib with microsipes to improve resistance to irregular wear
- New tread design with optimized microsiping, which fights the onset of irregular tread wear
- Serpentine flow-through grooves designed for outstanding water evacuation and all-weather confidence
- Variable-groove wall to help reduce stone retention and extend the casing life
- Excellent retreadability
For the Highway Control S tire, BFGoodrich offers a first-year, “Work Hard” mileage-satisfaction guarantee. The Highway Control T offers a two-year, even-wear satisfaction guarantee. Both offer a five-year, two-retread manufacturer’s limited casing guarantee.