Giti Tire introduced two wide-base commercial tires for the North American market: the GDL633 FS ultra-wide base tire for the drive axle position and the GTL933 FS ultra-wide-base tire for trailers in long-haul applications.
Earlier this year, Giti announced that the company would be bringing Giti brand commercial tires to North America for long-haul, regional, urban, light-duty, and mixed-service applications. The new wide-base tires were designed in collaboration with Giti’s research and development center in South Carolina and are available in the 445/50R22.5 size. Both tires are SmartWay-verified for fuel efficiency.
The GDL633 FS for the drive axle features:
- Special tread compound for reduced rolling resistance and lower operating cost.
- Innovative sipe design for even contact pressure that minimizes irregular wear.
- Rugged lug pattern design for excellent traction and vehicle stability.
- Seven circumferential groove design which efficiently evacuates water.
The GTL933 FS is designed for the trailer axle position. In addition to a fuel-efficient tread compound, it features:
- Optimized tread design on the rib edges for minimizing irregular wear.
- Wide tread design with consistent contact patch pressure for long tread wear.
- Enhanced tread groove design for minimizing stone retention.