TMW announced a new feature for its FinalMile DRTrack solution that allows users to identify and save points of interest not associated with an address on a map for routing purposes.
The feature is designed to save time for dispatchers who may need to manually geocode orders. POI allows users to add locations without addresses, such as homes in a new=construction neighborhood. POI is also useful for navigation and turn-by-turn directions.
“The Points of Interest feature will be especially beneficial for the construction transportation sector, because their drivers are frequently making deliveries to addresses that don’t exist yet,” explained Brian Larwig, vice president and general manager of TMW FinalMile. “The application enables dispatchers to drop a pin on a map, and that location will be saved as a point of interest for future routing and deliveries to that new location.”
New capabilities of the Points of Interest feature include:
- Update the coordinates for multiple unloaded orders at the same time
- Drag and drop a pin on a map to save a new location
- Use longitude and latitude to fine-tune a location
- Assign POIs to unloaded orders from anywhere in DRTrack
- Give a unique name to each POI and save it in a library for reuse and refinement
“Points of Interest can be accessed from several pages within DRTrack,” said Larwig. “It was designed with ease of use in mind, and I think it will definitely make the job easier for dispatchers and drivers.”