The Direct nosebox line (the Direct Plus, Direct Flex, and Direct Max), developed by Purkeys, allows fleets to have the functionality of both the nosebox and liftgate charging system in one receptacle, freeing up space on the front of the trailer.
"The consolidation will be a significant benefit for fleets," Justin Purkey, CEO of Purkeys, explains, "This generation of our liftgate charging system marks a significant landmark and we are confident that between the three offerings, we will be able to provide the power the fleet needs."
The Direct nosebox line provides many benefits to fleets in addition to the compact design, including:
- providing peace of mind by maintaining and protecting batteries
- saving money by maximizing battery life and reducing downtime/road calls
- easy to read LED indicators
- continuing to charge for a time after the tractor is turned off
- replaceable/removable receptacle in case of damage
- interior light timer control
The interior light control is an additional feature added since the product line was announced in November. It allows the driver to select whether the lights remain on for 30, 60, or 90 minutes, allowing the driver to work as needed inside the trailer while ensuring that the batteries will not become depleted by the interior lights.