Goodyear has officially launched the Endurance LHD, a SmartWay-verified drive tire designed for long-haul fleets.
The Endurance LHD is the latest addition to Goodyear’s Endurance line and was announced earlier this year. The Endurance line of tires also includes the Endurance WHA waste haul tire and Endurance RSA regional/long-haul tire.
The Goodyear Endurance LHD contains a wide range of features, including:
- A new cap base tread combination to help promote longer miles to removal and lower rolling resistance
- A new sidewall compound to help lower rolling resistance and promote fuel efficiency
- A steel belt package to help provide enhanced casing toughness
- A shoulder wedge, which was developed to help stabilize the tire’s belt package while improving its longevity
- Goodyear Tredlock Technology to help stabilize the tire’s tread area for long miles to removal and resistance to irregular wear
The tire is now available in size 295/75R22.5 (Load Range G) and 11R22.5 (Load Ranges G and H.) Another size, 11R24.5 (Load Range G), will be available in December. Sizes 11R24.5 (Load Range H) and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G) will be available in January 2018.
For long-haul fleets that want to extend the lifecycle of the Endurance LHD, Goodyear currently plans to introduce a matching retread in 2018 that will feature Goodyear UniCircle Technology.
The Goodyear Endurance LHD is available through the Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Network, which encompasses more than 2,300 locations throughout the United States and Canada.