Rand McNally has announced an all-in-one dashboard device called the OverDryve 8 Pro that combines navigation, Sirius XM radio, voice assistance, a built-in dash cam, and hands-free calling and texting.
The OverDryve8 Pro is part of Rand McNally’s OverDryve OS Connected Vehicle platform and is also E-Log ready. The device is designed to bring together critical driving and business tools, in-cab entertainment and hands-free safety features. The OverDryve 8 Pro is shipping to stores this month and expected to be for sale by the end of May.
“We understand the amount of time professional drivers spend in their trucks so OverDryve 8 Pro brings together not only valuable tools to help get the job done, but also a fully loaded entertainment solution that can be used to watch movies, listen to SiriusXM, access social media, and check email,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally.
OverDryve 8 Pro features:
- A bright, 8-inch screen that provides access to key items at a glance
- Rand McNally truck-specific navigation and routing with truck POIs, advanced lane guidance, toll costs, warnings, and fuel logs
- Hands-free calling and texting
- Voice assistance
- Audible news, weather, traffic, and sports
- Music from multiple sources
- A built-in dash camera
- A magnetic mount designed to be easy to install
- A slice in the mount that provides an additional GPS receiver as well as a built-in SiriusXM radio.
The OverDryve 8 Pro also comes pre-loaded with the Rand McNally DriverConnect logbook app, so the device is ELD-ready. The app can be paired to the company’s ELD 50 and/or its DC 200 plug-in devices to provide a full electronic logging solution.