Bergstrom has introduced the Nite Phoenix Space Saving Innovation system, an addition to its Nite no-idle battery-operated climate systems.
The Nite Phoenix SSI is a battery-operated A/C split system that features Bluetooth technology and is designed to fit all sleepers. Bergstrom claims the Phoenix SSI has one of the highest cooling capacities of any battery-powered, no-idle system on the market.
“The Nite Phoenix SSI is a powerful addition to our line of NITE systems and we are very pleased to be able to help drivers in hot climates stay cool,” said Christophe Barreau, Bergstrom’s managing director of No-Idle products in North America. “Operators will rest easy knowing they will sleep comfortably with the NITE system in place.”
The system provides a comfortable temperature range for drivers, alleviates clogging of truck engine DPF, helps reduce harmful diesel particulate emissions, and complies with anti-idling laws.
Nite SSI meets TMC’s recommended practice (RP) 432A, which offers performance requirements of engine-off HVAC systems for sleeper cabs, is approved by the California Air Resources Board, and is certified by the EPA’s SmartWay Program.
Other key features include:
- Plastic internal unit, durable external condenser assembly
- Automatic digital temperature control
- Controls provide service diagnostics
- Installs under bunk
- High ROI due to low maintenance requirements
- Rotatable blower assembly to aid in adapting to OEM ductwork in select applications
- Aluminum framed recirculation filter gives extended coil life
- Serviceable evaporator coil, receiver drier, and TXV
- Brushless motors in compressor, evaporator blower, and condenser fan for extended life