Transportation Division of Overhead Door Corp., known as Todco, has introduced the WeatherTite Pro, a lightweight, weather-resistant roll-up door for trailer and truck body applications.
The WeatherTite Pro improves upon the previous model by using 100% recyclable co-polymer panels that reduce weight and improve heat tolerance, according to the company. The WeatherTite Pro eliminates swelling, warping, finish delamination and rotting associated with wood doors, Todco says.
The WeatherTite Pro panel weighs 25% less than the standard WeatherTite panel and is 37% lighter than ¾-inch wood and ¼-inch plate-style panels. The lighter door weight increases payload potential and allows the option of installing a long-life counterbalance spring that can reduce downtime and maintenance.
Results of ASTM D648 Heat Deflection Testing at 66 psi conducted by Todco shows WeatherTite Pro has a 23% higher heat tolerance than standard WeatherTite panels, reducing the opportunity for warping in hotter climates.
Additional features of WeatherTite Pro include:
- Improved impact resistance
- Smooth panel surface – Allows for an automotive quality paint finish and excellent decal adhesion
- Automotive grade UV stability and finish color
- Anti-Pinch Panel Joint – Eliminates pinch point at panel joint to improve safety and reduce injuries and workmen’s compensation costs
- Anti-Drip Design – Prevents water from the exterior of the door from dripping between panels onto cargo when in operation and moving through the radius
- Interchangeable with current WeatherTite panels
- Available with 1” or 2” track and rollers
- 10-Year limited warranty
The list of available options includes 1- and 2-inch SupeRollers that have been tested to last up five times longer than standard steel rollers and EZ Seals, dual durometer side seals that reduce seal installation time by 50% compared to rubber seals.