Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has expanded its offering of mixed-service tires with the addition of the Workhorse lineup of tires.
Like the recently announced Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD, the Workhorse line has been designed for a wide variety of mixed-service applications offering improved on- and off-road performance.
The Workhorse line includes both the Workhorse MSA and MSD. The MSA model has been designed for over-the-road use and the MSD is designed for both on- and off-road applications.
The Workhorse MSA is available in three sizes: 11R22.5 (Load Range H); 11R24.5 (Load Range H); and 315/80R22.5 (Load Range L – 10,000-lb. capacity.) The tire features:
- A high-mileage tread compound and enhanced tread volume to help offer many miles to removal
- A wide footprint to help enhance mileage, cornering and handling
- Penetration protectors to help resist stone drilling for retreadability
- A steel belt/casing package to offer toughness and outstanding performance
- A tread design that helps reduce road noise for a quiet ride
The Workhorse MSD is available in two sizes: 11R22.5 and 11R24.5, both Load Range H. It features:
- Rugged casing construction for enhanced toughness and retreadability in heavy-duty, off-road applications
- Deep 31/32-inch tread with a rugged lug configuration to help deliver traction on difficult terrain
- An advanced tread compound to help resist cuts and chips for off-road performance
- A deep undertread to help promote cool-running performance while on the road
- A steel belt/casing package to help enhance retreadability
“As the Workhorse name denotes, these new tires are tough, dependable and help mixed-service trucks tackle tough jobs,” said Evan Perrow, marketing manager, Goodyear. “We believe they will help mixed-service fleets get the job done, while helping to lower their operating costs.”