Geotab has announced the availability of Go Rugged, a ruggedized telematics device designed for harsh outdoor environments common in industrial heavy-duty and service vehicle applications.
Go Rugged is aimed at construction, engineering, agriculture, utilities, oil and gas, and mining applications, providing users with increased visibility of location and status of equipment, improved maintenance planning and reduced fuel costs.
The Go Rugged features a rugged exterior enclosure that allows for installation outside of the vehicle and is designed to the IP67 standard, protecting against intrusion of solid objects, dust, accidental contact and water. The device also provides engine data reporting on the Primary Cam Bus.
Additional features of the Go Rugged, which are also found in the Geotab GO7 device, include:
- IOX expandability, which allows users to expand the capability of their fleet management solution
- Intelligent in-vehicle driver coaching via IOX-BUZZ or the Geotab GO TALK
- Accident detection and notification
- Built-in auto-calibrating accelerometer
- Engine and battery health assessment
- G-force monitoring
- Real-time vehicle data and fast GPS acquisition time
Geotab is a telematics provider offering an open platform fleet management solution to fleets.