Magellan announced its latest commercial series GPS, the RoadMate RC9485T-LMB for commercial drivers. The RoadMate is a 7-inch Android truck GPS navigation unit featuring Magellan’s latest driver routing and tracking features.
The unit comes with a speaker, an external Audio/Video input for a backup camera, and a 7-inch glass capacitive touchscreen. It uses Magellan’s OneTouch favorites menu for easier use and allows for a more personalized travel experience.
The unit also comes with a multiple driver log-in which allows drivers to log HOS, track hours, track driving status, and record state mileage for IFTA fuel logging. Drivers can also export all logs for reporting and tracking of each trip.
The RoadMate RC9485T-LMB also offers several truck navigation features including a customizable truck route feature. Drivers can input vehicle profile data which takes into account a truck’s dimensions to calculate an optimized route.
There is multiple-stop routing to let drivers plan a trip with multiple stops in the order they want or automatically optimize for the most efficient route. There is also a highway lane assist which helps navigate complex highway interchanges and ensures that a driver is on the correct roadway.
Other features include:
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts, sent directly to their GPS unit, lets users plan more precise travel times and ETAs by avoiding traffic jams and other delays.
- Junction View displays a realistic image of the road and highway signs to help guide drivers to the correct lane that the vehicle needs to be in for safe merging and exiting.
- Landmark Guidance gives users an easier way to navigate to their destinations by telling them to turn at familiar landmarks, such as gas stations, stores or other large, easily-seen places instead of only street names that may be hard to locate and/or read.
- Exit POIs indicate where truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas, and weigh stations are located at an approaching exit.
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology allows drivers to safely talk hands free on compatible Bluetooth phones.
“Our new RoadMate RC9485T-LMB Android navigation device offers comprehensive navigation solutions by providing best-in-class software as well as unsurpassed connectivity, and real-time content delivered by our SmartGPS Eco cloud,” said Stig Pedersen, Magellan associate vice president of product management.
The Magellan RoadMate RC948T-LMB will be available in the first quarter of 2015 with a suggested retail price of $399.99.