Magellan’s RoadMate RC9496T-LMB is an Android GPS navigation device that that comes ready to integrate with the company's fleet management software.
The device has a 7 inch, multi-touch screen with a serial port, dash mount and black box cable to better integrate with fleet use. It comes loaded with the Magellan Android Fleet application that provides fleet navigation and protocol support.
“It offers comprehensive fleet and truck navigation solutions by offering the most extensive GPS features available as well as open protocols for easy integration and real time content delivered by our SmartGPS Eco cloud,” said Thomas Rasulo, fleet sales business director at Magellan.
Features of the application are hours of service logging, automatic on-board recording device support, and the ability to sync with fleet management software for up-to-date tracking, fuel pricing and weather.
The Magellan application also comes with truck navigation features including:
- Customizable Truck Route: Sets up vehicle profile and calculates routes based on height, weight, width, length, and hazmat restrictions; it guides users according to their route preferences and vehicle profile.
- Multiple-Stop Routing: Lets drivers plan their trip with multiple stops in the order they want or automatically optimizes for the most efficient route, helping to save time and money.
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts: Sent directly to their GPS unit, lets users plan more precise travel times and ETAs by avoiding traffic jams and other delays.
- Junction View: Displays a realistic image of the road and highway signs to help guide drivers to the correct lane that the vehicle needs to be in for safe merging and exiting.
- Landmark Guidance: Gives users an easier way to navigate to their destinations by telling them to turn at familiar landmarks, such as gas stations, stores or other large, easily-seen places instead of only street names that may be hard to locate or read.
- Highway Lane Assist: Helps when navigating complex highway interchanges, ensuring that a driver stays on the correct roadway.
- Exit POIs: Indicate where truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas, and weigh stations are located at an approaching exit.
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.0: Wireless technology allows drivers to safely talk hands free on compatible Bluetooth phones.
The Magellan RoadMate RC9496T-LMB will retail for $399 and will be available later this year in the U.S. and Canada. Magellan will be giving demonstrations of the device at this year’s ATA Management Conference Exhibition in San Diego, Oct. 5-7.