MATS, LOUISVILLE, KY -- The new Diamond Power A200 alternator from Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America is a high-efficiency, brushless 200-amp alternator in small form factor.
Mitsubishi says the A200 is designed and built to outlive the truck's original ownership, with major advances in corrosion protection, vibration resistance, and heat tolerance. Battery life is extended with remote sense capability and reduced deep cycling, and by maintaining full output at very high temperatures.
Along with the DP A160, released last year, the A200 is a two PAD-mount, brushless, 5-wire, bolt-in replacement alternator for any heavy duty diesel with the PAD mount feature. Only one part number for each alternator model ensures minimal inventory requirements for the retailer.
Key features of the Diamond Power A200 include:
- The highest efficiency rating among major 12v heavy duty alternators in North America for improved improved fuel economy
- It weighs just 21.8 lbs, or about 24% less than the closest competitor
- 137 amps output at idle speed
- Remote-sense and 5-wire technology
- Exceeds al North American OE heat tolerance requirements
- Designed to last more than 1,000,000 miles
- 3-year/unlimited mile Diamond Gard full replacement warranty (not prorated)
The Diamond Power A200 requires minimal engine horsepower to operate, making it extremely energy efficient. With less drag on the engine, it achieves a significant reduction in fuel consumption.
"With the DP A200, we pulled out all the stops in the design department. It is truly an amazing machine, yet very competitively priced. It will provide the industry with a new state-of-the-art option and further establish Mitsubishi Electric as a significant new player in the North American heavy truck alternator market," said Dave Stone, executive director, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America Heavy Duty operations.
"The combination of the DP A200 and DP A160 provides our customers with a product portfolio that I believe is far superior to all other brush and brushless alternatives available today."
(Update reflects a change to the previously stated weight of the A200 alternator)