Jost International fifth wheels will be available as factory installed options on International trucks manufactured by Navistar. Published Jost data book assemblies will include their cast iron, lightweight, cab actuated release and low lube product offerings.
Jost fifth wheels can now be spec'd as a factory installed option on all major U.S. heavy truck brands.
Jost manufactures fifth wheels for the North American market at their Greeneville, Tenn., facility. Features include:
- Simple design – only four moving parts;
- Forged steel locking bar supported on both sides of the coupling ensuring even load distribution and increased surface contact reducing wear;
- Simple mechanism allows infinite adjustments that are easily maintained with a single adjustment screw;
- Composite cushion ring absorbs kingpin impacts, reducing king pin and lock wear. It can easily be changed, virtually eliminating the replacement of a more expensive fifth wheel topplate;
- A low 60 pound pull force handle, the lowest in the market, making operation easier for drivers; and a
- Five-year warranty.