Thanks to newly developed technology and premium components, the Diamond Power A160 alternator helps deliver fuel savings, increased uptime and improved battery life, according to the company.
It will be available for aftermarket applications in November through regular dealer and aftermarket distribution channels in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, and available as OE equipment in mid-2013.
"With trucks' electrical systems becoming more and more sophisticated, the charging system becomes even more vital to keeping a truck on the road and out of the shop," said Dave Stone, executive director, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America Heavy-Duty operations.
Key benefits and features of the Diamond Power A160 include:
Improved fuel economy
- A new design focused on improved performance results in a high efficiency rating.
- Extreme heat tolerance that exceeds all North American O.E. requirements
- Improved cooling through advanced air flow geometry
- Over-sized bearings that are larger and higher-rated in terms of performance than the competition
- Robust electronics with an integrated regulator, rectifier and diode trio for maximum vibration resistance
- Vibration and corrosion resistance that exceeds all North American O.E. requirements
- Reduced process variation with fewer fasteners and components than the competition
Diamond Gard warranty
- If it fails, Mitsubishi Electric will replace it.
Extended battery life
- Built to take the heat. The Diamond Power A160 does not reduce charging output at a pre-set temperature. The A160's components eliminate the need for a regulator cut-off.
- Senses the battery state-of-charge at the battery rather than at the alternator. Non-remote-sense vehicles can also use the A160 without modification. The A160 is designed to fit all engines that include PAD mounting locations, regardless of wire configuration.
Increased rates of charge at idle
- Over 100A at idle