Descartes Transportation Management suite capabilities include:
- Common carrier or fleet selection made through bi-directional planning with flexibility to allow either the contract carrier planner or private fleet planner to drive the decision making process and manage over-capacity exceptions.
- Fleet plans using detailed street-level fleet routing decisions
- Integrated fleet dispatching, tracking, mobile and telematics to track delivery and driver and vehicle performance
- Small package carrier selection consolidation decisions made through fully compliant tariffs from more 100 small-package and less-than-truckload carriers' service guides
- Small package shipment manifesting available
- Shipment visibility from tender acceptance to in-transit through proof of delivery, including electronic signature, barcode or picture capture;
- Freight bills audited and the costs allocated
Because it is cloud-based, customers connect to the solution via web-browser and internet connection.
"Descartes' Transportation Management suite combines the functional breadth and depth with a cloud-based platform that accelerates time-to-value," says Ken Wood, senior vice president product management.
To learn more about the Transportation Management Suite go to www.descartes.com.