"Current customers who have the Facts total freight management system with the optional Factsmap 1.0 module are entitled to a free upgrade," says CLI Vice President Ken Weinberg.
Among the upgrade improvements:
* Ability to provide ETA alerts for shipments that have become delayed and will not make their scheduled delivery times
* Dispatchers can save on mileage and increase driver productivity by changing the order of stops for a truck going on its route and altering the locations for the first stop and the intermediate stops
* Real time alerts when traffic jams occur, enabling trucks to take an alternate route to avoid delays
* Increased flexibility to manage dispatching and operations at multiple terminals instead of just one
* Ability to switch pickups and deliveries from one driver to another by a click of the mouse
* Enabling customer service representatives to monitor what is going on along each driver's route and in each terminal
* Flexibility in locating destinations not normally identified by a street address - for example, a specific retail store in a shopping center or mall
* Geocoding that enables dispatchers to redirect shipments headed to the wrong location, avoiding late deliveries
* 100% compatibility with Microsoft's Map Point
More info: www.carrierlogistics.com.