The Truck App is available on F-Series' LCD instrument cluster screen, a beefier version of the driver information display for stats on fuel economy, vehicle settings and trip tracking.
A checklist asks drivers a set of questions to help ensure the trailer is connected properly. For those who own multiple trailers, Truck App allows drivers to name each trailer and collect and store accumulated mileage for up to 10 different trailers. The app records accumulated miles for a particular unit and displays trailer brake gain and output.
The app on the F-150 SVT Raptor includes hill descent control, off-road mode and the 4x4 system.
In addition to the Truck App software application, the display includes:
- Gauge mode, with real-time transmission oil temperature.
- Trip A/B, with trip time and mileage information that tracks two trips.
- Fuel economy, which tracks fuel consumption history and offers selectable displays for efficiency in miles to empty, average and instantaneous.
- Settings, which allows the customer to turn features on or off, change autolamp time, set trailer brake setting and monitor oil life.
- Information, which provides management of the MyKey feature, a system check screen and key system warnings for trailer sway control, hill descent control and tire pressure monitoring system.
The F-150 productivity screen is standard on all FX2/FX4, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum models. It is also available on XLT as part of the XLT Convenience Package.
For a video demonstration visit: www.youtube.com