TruckPC is an electronic on-board recorder that automatically tracks and manages driver hours of service.
The new TruckPC upgrades include:
* Proprietary truck-specific routing, points of interest, road construction, turn by turn directions, and mileage calculation capabilities are now fully integrated into the TruckPC.
* Enhanced warnings alert drivers to sharp curves, steep hills, speed limit changes, state boundaries, road construction, time zone changes and on/off duty changes. The Over Speed Limit Indicator changes with the designated speed limit for the road segment. All of these events can be reported back and analyzed.
* Step-by-step instructions customized for events such as pre-trip inspections, or customer service with location specific procedures. Workflow enables a company to manage complex tasks with confirmation of completion from the driver.
* Upgraded hardware with 1.6 GHz processor and solid-state hard drive eliminates moving parts, enhancing the performance stability of the unit. The latest Windows embedded software ensures that this unit will be current as software technology evolves.
* The back-end monitoring and analysis tool now includes interactive satellite mapping.
Rand McNally's TruckPC, introduced in October 2010, is the first in a line of products anticipated from the joint development agreement between Rand McNally and DriverTech.
For more information: www.randmcnally.com/truckpc