Summit Truck Group announced that 12 of its dealership locations have been recognized by International Truck as Diamond Edge certified dealers.
The Diamond Edge program recognizes dealers for their commitment to uptime and highlights the high-performing service offered by dealers with the designation. Diamond Edge Certification is earned through achieving parts and service metrics based on customer dwell time -- in other words, the time it takes to get their truck diagnosed, repaired, and back on the road.
To achieve Diamond Edge certification status, International truck dealers must:
- Meet or exceed service dwell time and repair speed metrics
- Develop long-term action plans for continuous improvement in dwell time and customer service
- Be current with technician and service management training requirements
- Maintain special service tools inventory for specific repairs as required
- Provide dedicated Accelerated Service lanes where customers get immediate vehicle evaluation and are informed of required repair, required parts and availability, and estimated repair time within two hours of vehicle’s arrival
- Participate in the Dealership Inventory Alliance (DIA) parts inventory program to ensure common parts are readily available in dealer inventory
Summit Holdings operates 32 commercial truck and bus dealerships in Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. Summit Truck Group represents and services International, Kenworth, Volvo, Mack, Ford, and Isuzu commercial trucks, and Crane Carrier specialty vehicles.