International Truck said it will launch the International A26 engine, a new 12.4-liter diesel designed for the Class 8 market, on Feb. 27 at the Technology & Maintenance Council’s Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tenn.
The company said the A26 was developed through an initiative called Project Alpha that brought together a team of trucking industry powertrain engineers. Together, initiative members focused on emphasizing simplicity over complexity and using only proven components.
The truck and engie maker listed these as key features of the A26:
- Components engineered to maximize uptime
- Light weight of 2,299 pounds
- The most efficient engine in International’s on-highway lineup
- The quietest engine in International’s lineup
- Hundreds of thousands of hours of testing
- Millions of real-world test miles
More details on the new engine will be available after International’s official announcement, schedule for this evening at the TMC meeting.