This week, American Trucking Associations kicked off National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, and many companies within the trucking industry and serving it are recognizing drivers for hard work and dedication.
Taking place from Sept. 11-17, National Truck Driver Appreciation Week provides the trucking industry an opportunity to formally recognize the efforts of professional truck drivers. During the week-long recognition, state trucking associations, industry suppliers and motor carriers of all sizes host appreciation events for the men and women who safely deliver the country’s freight.
“This week is about raising public awareness and support for the important work professional truck drivers do in our communities year round,” said Chris Spear, ATA president and CEO. “These men and women are safety-minded professionals who deserve our respect and praise. We’re fortunate that truck drivers have dedicated their careers to delivering critical goods like medicine, food and school books.”
Several companies have conducted appreciation events and specials to celebrate truckers, including companies like Swift, Love’s Denny’s and several others.
- Swift Transportation will celebrate its drivers all week in conjunction with the company’s 50th-anniversary celebration.
- Trucking Moves America Forward is extending its educational outreach program to showcase the necessity of truck drivers to the public. This includes targeted advertising on billboards along major highways, digital advertisements and an op-ed campaign in media outlets.
- The Freightliner Dealership Fyda Freightliner is recognizing its customers by offering complimentary treats and coffee along with a daily “Fyda Freebie” gift which will be different each day.
- For the entire month of September, Love’s is giving away more than 20 million My Love Rewards points and 2,000 of its loyalty members will win 10,000 points instantly, worth $100. Drivers can enter to win 500,000 points by swiping the My Love Rewards card on fuel, merchandise or tire care purchases during the month-long event.
- RoadPro is partnering with a variety of brands to give truckers a chance to win products from brands such as SiriusXM, Globetech, Garmin, Howes, FPPF, Plantronics and ToughTested as part of the RoadPro and Friends Trucker Appreciation Prize-a-Day Giveaway. RoadPro’s council members and sales team will also be handing out RoadPro ballcaps to truck drivers.
- Denny’s will offer special discounts and prizes at participating travel center locations and will also host a sweepstakes to win prizes such as Denny’s gift cards or free Grand Slams for a year. Diners will also have the chance to receive discounted meals with scratch-off card deals and a discount key tag that is good through Dec. 31, 2017.
- Boss Truck Shops is hosting free barbecues at all 44 Boss Shop locations during Driver Appreciation Weeks on different days. Contact Boss Truck Shops for details on specific days and times.
The ATA Official NTDAW site offers a collection of resources about driver appreciation events. ATA is asking the trucking industry to engage their communities in this week’s celebration of truck drivers to inform the public of the important work that truck drivers do in safely moving our economy each day.
“Jet Express is thrilled to host America’s Road Team Captains for the National Truck Driver Appreciation Week satellite tour, but we’re also excited to honor our own professional truck drivers who are the backbone of our company,” said Kevin Burch, ATA first vice chairman. “Even if you are unable to host a big National Truck Driver Appreciation Week event, I encourage you to take time this week to say thanks to a driver in your community. A small act can go a long way in honoring these hardworking men and women.”