American Trucking Associations, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance, the NATSO Foundation and the American Transportation Research Institute have joined together to announce a new truck parking initiative.
The Truck Parking Leadership Initiative is focused on sharing truck parking availability information with the nation’s professional truck drivers. The groups have announced a press conference on May 18 at the congressional office building for the U.S. House of Representatives on Capitol Hill where they will announce the initiatives plans for increasing truck parking sharing availability information.
The conference will host several industry and government leaders at the conference including:
- Lisa Mullings, President and CEO, NATSO Foundation and NATSO Inc. (Confirmed)
- Congressman Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.) (Confirmed)
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) (Confirmed)
- Congressman Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) (Confirmed)
- Bill Graves, President and CEO, American Trucking Associations (Confirmed)
- Dan Murray, Vice President, American Transportation Research Institute (Confirmed)
- Collin Mooney, Executive Director, Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (Confirmed)
- Congressman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) (Invited)
- Gregory Nadeau, Administrator, Federal Highway Administration (Invited)
- Scott Darling, III, Acting Administrator, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Invited)
- John Lyboldt, President, Truckload Carriers Association (Invited)
The NTASO Foundation is the research, education and public outreach subsidiary of NATSO - the trade association of America’s travel plaza and truckstop industry.