The Women In Trucking Association announced the 13 members of its 2016 Image Team at the 7th annual Salute to Women Behind the Wheel event in Louisville, Ky.
The event was hosted by WIT to honor female commercial vehicle drivers and there were around 400 people in attendance.
The WIT Image Team participates in ride-along events for legislators, regulators and industry leaders to provide perspective on the obstacles women face on the road. The Image Team also speaks to the media and other industry professionals at public events and industry trade shows.
Each of the women chosen to be on the 2016 Image team had to submit an application and be a member of WIT for at least a year. The application included a 250-word essay explaining why an applicant should be chosen for the team. There were questions about safety records, previous awards or recognitions, volunteer service and community involvement that were included in the selection process.
The top scoring applicants were then interviewed by a panel of judges, consisting of Mark Rousseau of Frito-Lay, Linda Caffee of Landstar Express America, Tom Liutkus of TravelCenters of America, Patrick Pendergast of Ryder System, and Stan Hampton of J.B. Hunt Transport.
"I was honored to be part of the selection process. There were so many terrific candidates. Drivers and other professionals who are devoted to this industry and have such high personal and professional standards,” said Tom Liutkus, senior vice president, marketing and public relations, TravelCenters of America. “WIT is blessed to be represented by such a fine group of women as is the trucking industry."
The 13 women chosen for the 2016 Women In Trucking Image Team are:
- Angelique Jones – Driver for Atlantic Bulk Carriers
- Brooke Held Sudimak- Driver for Ru-D Trucking
- Brooke Mosely- Traing Specialist/ Female Driving Lisason for Prime
- Cindi Alexander- Co-Owner/Director Training Instructor for Lake Cumberland CDL Training School
- Cindy Kaps – Driver for Atlas Van Lines
- Deb LaBree – Driver for Landstar
- Felicia Berggren – Driver for Werner Enterprises
- Gretchen Jackson – Senior Manager/ Driver Recruiter for XPO Logistics
- Jeana Hysell – Senior Safety Consultant for J.J. Keller
- Jill Maschmeier – Director of Safety and Compliance for National Carriers
- Jodi Edwards – Driver for J.B. Transport
- Julie Matulle – Driver and Recruiter for H.O. Wolding
- Sarah Wulf – Recruiting Manager for Veriha Trucking