MiX Telematics has launched MiX Journey Management, a risk management solution for U.S. oil and gas companies that is integrated with the company’s fleet management platform.
MiX Journey Management is designed for fleet operators that need an automated way to keep drivers, passengers and cargo safe and secure. Because it's integrated with a fleet management platform, fleet managers can access both solutions from a single portal.
The risk management software is designed help improve safety profiles and reduce crash risk by:
- Reducing paper-based journey management processes with automated electronic processes.
- Enabling fleet managers to manage journeys from start to finish online and in real-time.
- Allowing fleet managers to communicate with teams in the field.
- Providing tools for fleet managers to determine which journeys are necessary and eliminating potentially unsafe journeys.
- Reducing staff requirements for a company’s journey management center.
MiX Journey Management features include exception-based notifications, road hazard assessment, configurable risk profile and approval processes, and robust reporting.
“Safety is paramount in the oil and gas industry, and while most people may believe extraction is the most dangerous aspect of our industry, statistics show that transportation actually poses much more risk,” said Skip Kinford, president and CEO of MiX Telematics Americas. “MiX Journey Management addresses transportation risk directly with intuitive tools that help fleet managers make better, data-based decisions on journeys, and communicate with teams in the field in real time – all from a single fleet management portal.”
For more information, click here.