Heavy Duty Trucking magazine announced its 2016 Top 20 Products, highlighting the most innovative, significant and useful new product announcements from the previous year.
The winners are published in the February issue, and awards will be presented during individual ceremonies at the Technology & Maintenance Council annual meeting in Nashville, TN, Feb. 29-March 2 and at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, KY, March 31-April 2.
Each year, HDT's editors spend a lot of time going to press conferences and combing through news releases on the latest new products for trucking. At the end of the year, they embark on a process to identify the very best of the past year’s introductions for the Top 20 Products.
Editors sift through all of the new product announcements that appeared in the magazine or on the Truckinginfo.com website over the course of 2015 to winnow down the list. Products are chosen based on the level of innovation, ability to address significant industry issues, and potential benefit to the bottom line.
A panel of HDT current and former Truck Fleet Innovators and maintenance executives active in the Technology & Maintenance Council are then consulted to arrive at the final 20.
Entire vehicles are not included, and products must be commercially available or scheduled to become commercially available this year.
The resulting Top 20 products are listed in alphabetical order by company name:
- Alcoa Dura-Bright EVO
- Bendix Wingman Fusion
- Denso PowerEdge Alternator
- Eaton AMT Low-Speed Enhancements
- Goodyear Fuel Max RSA
- Hendrickson Maxx22T Trailer Air Disc Brakes
- Lytx ActiveVision
- Mack mDrive HD
- MTIS Tire Inflation System for Trucks
- Meritor Wabco Automatic Trailer Lift Axle Control System
- Michelin X Multi Energy D Pre-Mold Retread
- Paccar MX-11 Engine
- PeopleNet ConnectedFleet
- Phillips Industries Lite-Sentry
- Rush Enterprises Momentum CNG Fuel System
- SAF-Holland Atlas FastGear
- Spectra Products Arrow Logger
- Thermo King ThermoLite Solar Power
- Volvo Adaptive Loading 6x2 Suspension
- Wabash Refrigerated Truck Body