The American Truck Dealers, Heavy Duty Trucking magazine and Procede Software have announced the nominees for the 2016 Truck Dealer of the Year award.
Nominees for the national award will be evaluated by a panel of processors from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business on dealership performance, industry leadership and civic contributionhs. The nominees were selected by state, metro and national association leaders.
The winner and runner-up will be announced during the 53rd annual ATD Convention and Expo in Las Vegas, which runs from March 31 through April 3. Winners and nominees will also be interviewed and featured in the April issue of Heavy Duty Trucking.
The five nominees are:
- Tom Bertolino, vice president of NorCal Kenworth, with locations in California;
- Jerry Kocan, dealer principal of Four Star Freightliner, with locations in Alabama, Florida and Georgia;
- Ron Meyering, president and dealer principal of M&K Truck Centers, with locations in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan;
- Tom Noerr, co-owner and vice president of Noerr’s International, with locations in Pennsylvania; and
- Dennis Thompson, chairman and CEO of Thompson Truck & Trailer, Inc., with locations in Illinois and Iowa.
ATD convention speakers will include Bob Costello, chief economist and vice president of American Trucking Associations, and Eric Maddox, a military veteran. The convention provides truck dealers with the opportunity to meet face to face with their manufacturer executives at 11 make meetings. There is also an expo floor in the ATD Zone with ATD exhibitors. The ATD headquarters hotel is the Encore.
The four-day event will be held in conjunction with the NADA Convention and Expo at the Las Vegas Convention Center. ATD attendees are encouraged to attend NADA workshops and general speaker sessions. Super Bowl 50's Peyton Manning, of the Denver Broncos, is scheduled to provide keynote remarks.
For more information and to register, visit www.atdconvention.org.