The National Private Truck Council recognized 18 private-fleet truck drivers with its National Driver All-Stars award for excellence in customer service, safety, community service and adherence to company and regulatory standards.
The award was co-sponsored by International Truck and Navistar and was presented at a ceremony during the NPTC’s National Safety Conference, which took place from Sept. 10-11. The NPTC created the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize NPTC fleet-member drivers based on how they perform against internal customer service metrics.
The award takes into account several standards that fall under the categories of customer service, safety, compliance with company standards and regulatory compliance. Within these categories, things like appearance, number of DOT-reportable accidents, attendance and community services all factor into receiving the award.
This year’s National Driver All-Stars are:
- Nora Black, Orscheln Farm & Home
- Keith Chantrey, Maines Paper & Food Service
- Stephen Dixon, CPC Logistics, assigned to North American Pipe Corp.
- Shaun Feger, WFM Transport
- Scott Fencil, CPC Logistics, assigned to International Paper
- James Henry, CPC Logistics, assigned to Moen
- Christopher Humbert, Army & Air Force Exchange Service
- Gregory Robbins, CPC Logistics, assigned to Walgreen Oshkosh
- George Rockwell, CPC Logistics, assigned to John Deere
- Mary Rudelich, LRI Logistics Corp., assigned to Hospira Fleet Services
- Mike Seelye, Marathon Petroleum Company
- David Smith, CPC Logistics, assigned to Hospira
- Wesley Smith, CPC Logistics, assigned to Northwest Food Prod. Transp.
- Gerald Tainter, CPC Logistics, assigned to Toyota Quality Parts Express
- Mark Taylor, Frito-Lay, Inc.
- John Tiemann, Kellogg Company
- Claude Wiser, CPC Logistics, assigned to Bridgestone Americas Tire Ops.
- Kenneth Woodward, Shaw Industries Group