The American Trucking Association’s Safety Management Council honored fleets, safety professionals and a state association at the annual Safety and Human Resources National Conference and Exhibition. The conference took place at the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando, Fla.
“Safety is ATA’s top priority,” said Bill Graves, president and CEO of ATA. “Honoring the people who go above and beyond to keep our highways safe is one of the great things ATA does and I’m proud to congratulate all of this year’s winners.”
This year the Safety Management Council gave out the following awards and honors:
- National Safety Director of the Year: Becky Perlaky, executive vice president for safety, security and compliance at Kenan Advantage Group,North Canton, Ohio.
- Excellence in Safety Award: The Colorado Motor Carriers Association
- ATA President's Trophy: Usher Transport, Louisville, Ky., Dupré Logistics LLC, LaFayette, La., and ABF Freight System Inc., Fort Smith, Ark.
- Meritor WABCO National Safety Professional Award of Excellence Winner: Larry Bizzell Jr., manager of regional safety – southern region, FedEx Ground, Memphis, Tenn.
- Baldwin & Lyons National Driver of the Year: Carl Edgar Schultz, a driver with Davis Express Inc., Tampa, Fla.