An online series of technical courses is part of a Truck-Lite Training Institute recently begun by the lighting products manufacturer. This program offers web-based lessons for distributors, technicians and fleet personnel who sell, use and maintain equipment with Truck-Lite products.
TTI consists of training modules focused on product knowledge, diagnostics, systems functionality and repairs, Truck-Lite said. A Lighting and Harness module is the first to launch, and includes these courses:
Basics in Electricity: Covers definitions, major concepts, wire calculations and voltage drops.
- Lighting Evolution: Offers a history of the lighting industry and Truck-Lite, the evolution of bulb-replaceable, sealed fixtures, light-emitting diode (LED) lighting, and return on investment.
- Lighting Fundamentals: Describes why lights fail, troubleshooting, tips to prolong lighting life, and product pitfalls.
- LED Lighting Performance: Explains popular lighting terms and definitions and the best method for measurement of LED lighting.
- Harness Fundamentals: Articulates harness basics and color codes, explores methods for diagnosing failures and shows proven repair methods.
- Regulations and Questions: Outlines Federal lighting requirements, Society of Automotive Engineers identification codes, and common legal questions.
Each module concludes with a 10- to 30-minute test. Once a user has successfully completed all the courses, he will be awarded a certificate of completion and a promotional incentive.
Trainees can easily access TTI courses by visiting www.truck-lite.com/tti via desktops, tablets and mobile devices. There’s no software to install and nothing to download; all that's needed is access to the Internet.
Additional information can be requested by email at email@example.com or by calling Truck-Lite Customer Service at 800-562-5012.