The HDRG Summit is just prior to the start of the Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week, also at the Mirage.
The program will begin with opening remarks from Sandra Standley, chairman of APRA's HD Remanufacturing Group, followed by the topics and speakers listed below:
- Cummins Presentation
Richard Gordon, New Business Development Director, Cummins Inc.
- Data and Trends in the Heavy Duty Remanufacturing Industry with Emphasis on Employment, Investment, Trade and Production
Alan Treat, International Trade Analyst, U.S. International Trade Commission
- What's Changed, What Hasn't & What is Likely To
Bruce Plaxton of BGP Marketing, will focus his comments on the commercial vehicle market including, truck, agriculture and construction.
- Remanufacturing the Complete Vehicle
Macy Neshati, vice president, Complete Coach Works will cover their remanufacturing process for 12 year old transit buses, rail cars and trucks. CCW has been repowering vehicles for over 27 years.
- Heavy Duty Electronic/Mechatronic Reman Opportunities & Challenges
Russ Schinzing, president, ERC, LLC
- This Economy Is Not a Reman Dress Rehearsal: Continuous Innovation Is Not a Luxury Anymore
Bill Wade, Wade & Partners - Grade school teachers and high school counselors constantly remind our kids that life is no more than a series of choices. As a manager in the heavy duty remanufacturing business, you also have some pretty big decisions as to what you see as the future of your business.
- HD Electronic/Mechatronic Global Market Perspective
Joe Kripli, WABCO Reman Solutions
- Heavy Duty Has the Right to Repair...For Now
Sheila K. Andrews, manager, Government Affairs, Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association This presentation will focus on updates to the recent victories in Massachusetts on the Right to Repair issue and what the heavy duty aftermarket industry grassroots need to do next.
- Recycling to Remanufacturing: Managing Inventory and Workflow for Profit and Productivity
Matthew Wegener and Brendan Evans, ISoft Data Systems
An additional highlight of the HDRG Summit is the annual "Remanufacturer of the Year" Awards Luncheon. This award will be presented to a remanufacturer who has demonstrated leadership and vision in the industry.
According to Gager, "Seven years ago the Heavy Duty Remanufacturing Group was formed to further the interests of the heavy duty remanufacturer members of APRA. Both APRA and HDRG have benefited from numerous hard working individuals who have helped in the creation of this group and we are more than pleased to be able to recognize one of them at our luncheon in 2013."
To register for the HDRG Summit or for complete program details, please visit www.hdrg.org.