. Ryder places more than $3.4 billion of its customers' freight on selected carriers in all modes of transportation.
The award recipients include:
* LTL Regional Category: AAA Cooper Transportation
* LTL National Category: Con-way Freight
* LTL National Category: Old Dominion Freight Lines
* LTL Inter-Regional Category: Vitran Express
* International Forwarder Category: CEVA Logistics
* International Maritime Commerce Category: CSAV
* North American Forwarder Category: Pilot Freight
* Canadian LTL Category: Kingsway Transport
* Canadian Truckload Category: Bison Transport
* Truckload Dry Van National Category: Celadon
* Truckload Dry Van Regional Category: Arnold Transportation Services
* Truckload Specialized Category: Landstar Carrier Group
* Intermodal Category: J.B. Hunt Transport
"In spite of last year's challenging economy with declining freight volumes, these carriers still managed to perform above expectations and deliver exceptional service to customers," said Todd Carter, Ryder vice president and general manager of global transportation management. "We are pleased to recognize and honor the top-performing 2009 carriers who understand the demanding requirements of our transportation services and share our commitment to helping customers operate more efficiently."