August 22, 2023
How to Build Better Driver Relationships Through Communication [Video]
Understanding what your drivers are experiencing and how they feel about their jobs is critical to keeping them happy. Happy drivers tend to stay put. This episode is about the importance of opening up communication channels with your drivers -- and keeping them open.
This episode of HDT Talks Trucking is sponsored by Double Coin.
Automated dispatch systems may be more efficient than direct two-way conversations, but they make the transaction impersonal. A few lines of text on a screen offer few clues about how the other party is feeling. The driver might be happy today, but ready to head for the door tomorrow. How will you ever know if you never actually talk to them?
Max Farrell, the CEO of Workhound, joins HDT’s Jim Park on this episode of HDT Talks Trucking to discuss the importance of communication and keeping channels open to employees.
Watch this Episode of HDT Talks Trucking to Learn:
- The value of a feedback loop between workers and the company.
- How to open communication channels.
- Why praise is so important.
- Preventing micro issues from becoming macro changes.
- Use driver feedback to identify troublesome customers.
- Why honest feedback shouldn’t be taken as an insult.
- How anonymous chats can lead to open lines of communication
More About the Value of Driver Communication