The price of diesel is soaring. The pain at the pump is unflinching as the cost of diesel just keeps spiking. The inflation of the recovering economy is being exacerbated by Russia’s war on Ukraine forcing an historic drop in global fuel production.
That’s the macroeconomic view. But what can a fleet manager do directly to counteract this devastating price pressure on a fleet? Spec for fuel efficiency, yes, but replacing trucks right now may not be an option.
One course of action that doesn't have to wait on the next truck order is to motivate and coach drivers to get the most miles out of every gallon. To explore the methods and technologies to help drivers raise their mpg, the editors of HDT are presenting a complimentary webinar on coaching and incentivizing drivers, to be held June 15 at 2 p.m. EDT/11 a.m. PDT.
Tech solutions for coaching drivers on fuel efficiency and managing incentives for MPG performance are a big part of the solution. But none of these will deliver on their full potential without fleet managers who are skilled at leveraging them and communicating company goals clearly to gain full buy-in from their drivers.
Topics the HDT webinar speakers will discuss include:
- Building the relationship between driver and fleet manager to encourage awareness of mpg and discussion on how to improve.
- Leveraging data-driven driver scorecards.
- Rewarding top mpg performers.
- Coaching and incentivizing drivers to master what they really control, such as speed, harsh braking, and idling, to boost mileage.
Coaching and Incentivizing Drivers for Higher MPG will be presented free of charge on June 15 at 2 p.m. EDT. The webinar’s speakers will discuss proven approaches and solutions to coach and incentivize professional drivers to increase their fuel efficiency:
- Aaron Patterson, director of operations for Keller Trucking. The Defiance, Ohio-based affiliate of Keller Logistics Group was voted to be one of the 2022 Best Fleets To Drive For.
- Mike Roeth, executive director of the North American Council for Freight Efficiency. NACFE is an unbiased organization that works on the development and adoption of fuel-efficient, environmentally beneficial, and cost-effective technologies, services and methodologies.
- David Cullen, Business/Washington Editor for HDT, will serve as the webinar’s moderator.
Visit the registration webpage for more information and to register to attend the webinar.
See all comments