The BluEdge service platform is now fully available from Carrier Transicold’s dealer network across the U.S. and Canada.
Carrier Transicold is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, a global provider of healthy, safe, and sustainable building and cold chain solutions.
“Maintaining the integrity of the cold chain is more important than ever, and the BluEdge service platform is designed to maximize uptime of truck and trailer refrigeration systems so that food, pharmaceuticals, biologics, and other refrigerated goods move efficiently and reliably,” said Stuart Johnson, BluEdge commercial lead, Carrier Transicold.
Carrier’s BluEdge service platform offers three tiers of service that provide customers with a flexible range of options, adding augmented capabilities when integrated with Carrier Transicold’s eSolutions monitoring system.
BluEdge Service Tier Offerings Available
- Core – Supplements the original equipment factory warranty with extended coverages for major components, the entire system, or a more customized approach based on customer preferences.
- Enhance – Provides scheduled preventive maintenance inspections with proactive replacement of parts such as belts, starters, and alternators.
- Elite – Protects through extended warranties plus preventive maintenance services, resulting in the ultimate worry-free program for customers who demand the highest level of service, uptime, and fiscal certainty.
All three BluEdge tiers offer parts pricing protection, expert diagnostics, and repairs by factory-trained technicians at more than 180 Carrier Transicold dealer locations. Depending on the tier selected, customers may add certain optional features, such as overtime and call-out coverages for emergency repairs, proactive inspections, and centralized billing.
“The BluEdge program gives our fleet tremendous advantages, including extended warranty support from Carrier Transicold dealers throughout the nation,” said David Freymiller, CEO of Freymiller Inc.
For fleets that use Carrier Transicold’s cloud-based eSolutions remote monitoring system, the BluEdge platform adds enhanced benefits not previously available courtesy of the eSolutions system’s ability to monitor and analyze refrigeration unit equipment operation, in addition to logging temperatures and geographic information.
Protection From Premature Failure
Carrier Transicold’s BluEdge service platform also offers fleets protection from expenses related to premature failure of transport
refrigeration unit (TRU) batteries, provided that a Carrier supports the TRU Transicold solar charging system.
During extended dwell periods, even fresh TRU batteries can be drained by current draw from peripheral devices, including telematics systems that are now widely used by fleets.
Carrier Transicold Unit Requirements
TRU Battery Protection requires a Carrier Transicold unit to have the following:
- ABluEdge Core or Eliteserviceplan.
- A PowerRush wet cell or PowerRushPlatinum battery that is engineered to meet the cycling demands of TRU applications.
- ACarrier Transicold solar charging system.
The TRU Battery Protection option also extends the standard warranty of PowerRush wet cells from 18 months to two years.
Carrier Transicold’s TRU Battery Protection applies to X4 7000 and Vector 8000 series trailer units, Vector HE 19 and 1550 intermodal systems, and the Solara heating unit.
Coverage can be applied to existingTRUsalready equipped with Carrier Transicold solar charging systems and PowerRush batteries.
Editor's Note: Originally published on August 10, 2021. Updated on May 17, 2023
Originally posted on Work Truck Online