Freightliner Expands Options List for Vocational Models
July 30, 2014 - Equipment
NAPA, Calif. -- Freightliner Trucks has introduced several new options for its medium duty (M2) and severe duty (SD) truck models.
“We are dedicated to providing our vocational customers with a breadth of options that contribute to durability and benefit on-the-job performance,” said Mary Aufdemberg, director of product marketing for Freightliner Trucks.
The new options include:
• Hood Mounted Mirrors for the 108SD and 114SD: Ideal for plow applications, the new bell-shaped, hood-mounted mirrors are available heated or non-heated, and feature a tripod-style mirror base.
• A new rock guard for 108SD and 114SD: Designed for the harsh environments found in severe duty applications such as dump, plow and mixer, the rock guard protects the exposed region of the radiator between the grille and bumper.
• Remote start/stop for the M2 106, M2 112, 108SD and 114SD with manual transmissions to benefit fuel economy and performance.
• Watson & Chalin Lift Axle Suspensions are now available on all Freightliner severe duty (SD) truck models. Designed for use with single tires, the Watson & Chalin Lift Axle Suspensions offer proven durability and exceptional maneuverability, and can quickly change ride height.
• Hendrickson AeroClad 12-inch Logger Style Bumper: Available for the 122SD, the lightweight chrome bumper has cutouts for a center tow, driving lights and fog lights.