The American Trucking Associations on Wednesday opened registration for this year's ATA Management Conference & Exhibition in San Diego.
It will be held Oct. 4 through Oct. 7 at the San Diego Convention Center and Marriott Marquis & Marina.
"At MC&E, ATA focuses on delivering the information trucking executives need to operate their companies efficiently and profitably," said ATA President and CEO Bill Graves. "This year, the meeting will examine such important issues as energy production, safety, drivers, congestion and new opportunities for motor carriers due to the resurgence in American manufacturing. It truly will be the most important meeting for trucking executives this year."
He said the event also provides an opportunity for industry executives to share ideas and discuss concerns with their colleagues, as well as to get involved in the myriad of efforts ATA undertakes.
Among this year's highlights are:
- The annual golf tournament at the Rancho Bernardo Inn;
- "All Eyes on the Economy," moderated by ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello and featuring American Petroleum Institute Chief Economist John Felmy, National Retail Federation Chief Economist Jack Kleinhenz and National Association of Manufacturers Chief Economist Chad Moutray;
- Entertainment by Grammy and Tony Award Nominated Michael Cavanaugh;
- President Graves' annual state of the industry address;
- Education sessions; and
- More featured guest speakers to be announced soon.
To register for the 2014 ATA Management Conference & Exhibition, visit ATA's website.