Bedford Monday, CTP, general manager of Schwan Food, was elected chair of the National Private Truck Council Board of Directors at the group’s Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition held April 13-15 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
In addition, the council elected Bill Hartman, CTP, fleet director, NEP Broadcasting, as board vice-chair, and Gary Strausbaugh, CTP, vice president, The Mennel Milling Co., secretary of the board. Harry J. Haney, III, associate director of logistics operations for Kraft Foods Group will continue to serve as board treasurer.
Four new members were seated on the board:
- Steven Garrish, senior director, Private Fleet Safety, Wal-Mart Transportation;
- Brian McLaughlin, President, PeopleNet;
- Mari Roberts, CTP, director, network optimization, Frito-Lay, Inc.; and
- Douglas J. Sanford, CTP, vice president, distribution, The Britt Hunt Co.
The NPTC board of directors also includes:
- Mike D. Breeden, executive director of national accounts, Cummins Inc.
- Carol Heinowski, private fleet manager, Meijer Inc.
- Brian Holley, CTP, director of transportation, Whiteline Express
- Tony B. Jolly, CTP, manager, dry transportation operations, retail, General Mills
- Keric Kennedy, CTP, COO, Idealease of North America
- Joe Laskowski, CTP, safety & compliance manager, MedTrans
- Mike Lickert, CTP, corporate fleet manager, Talon Logistics
- Rick Linville, president, Custard Insurance Adjusters
- Keith McWilliams, CTP, regional transportation director, Kellogg Company
- Tom Nartker, vice president, transportation, Safeway, Inc.
- Daniel D. Norris, CTP, fleet operations manager, Pepsi Beverages Company
- Gary Palmer, senior director, transportation, True Value Company
- Gary F. Petty, president & CEO, National Private Truck Council