TMC, NASHVILLE -- Dan Umphress, vice president of maintenance and fleet services for A&R Logistics, was elected 2014-2015 general chairman and treasurer of American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council during TMC’s 2014 Annual Meeting, now underway in Nashville, Tenn.
Umphress served this past year as the Council’s vice chairman and chairman of meetings, and Monday evening was among seven selected for the group’s highest honor, the Silver Spark Plug Award.
Others serving as TMC officers for 2014-2015 include:
- Vice Chairman and Chairman of Meetings - Kevin Tomlinson, South Shore Transportation;
- Chairman of Study Groups - Doug White, Dunbar Armored;
- Chairman of Membership and Publicity - Peggy Fisher, TireStamp Inc.;
- Chairman of Associates - Al Anderson, Bose Corp.;
- Immediate Past Chairman - Kirk Altrichter, Crete Carrier Corp.;
- Carl Kirk, TMC's executive director
Directors-at-large include: John Adami, NW Heavy Duty Component Sales; Todd Cotier, Hartt Transportation; Greg Cybor, a professional fleet manager; David Foster, professional fleet manager; Jeff Harris, Swift Transportation; and John Sullivan, Reliable Carriers.
TMC’s Annual and Transportation Technology Exhibition continues through Thursday.