TravelCenters of America has launched its 'Get Moving. Stay Fit.' Program designed to help professional drivers live a healthier lifestyle by focusing on nutrition and physical fitness.
The program was designed in cooperation with the President's Challenge, the premier program of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition.
First introduced for pre-enrollment in March 2013, 'Get Moving. Stay Fit.' has now been officially launched, and is tailored specifically for professional drivers.
It is an 8-week, self-directed program, and drivers participate through the UltraOne Driver Rewards Kiosks located at all TA and Petro locations. Program participation is simple:
- Professional drivers enroll in 'Get Moving. Stay Fit.' on the UltraOne kiosk, which begins their 8-week program. If they are not already an UltraOne member, they can sign up and enroll in the program simultaneously at the kiosk.
- Participants select one healthy eating focus from a list of options on the kiosk each week during the program, committing to themselves to build better eating habits over the course of the program.
- Participants log their physical activity -- 30 minutes, 5 days a week over the 8 weeks -- at the kiosk.
Drivers who successfully complete the 8-week program will receive the President's Active Lifestyle Achievement Award Patch.
As an added incentive to complete the 8-week program, participants will earn 'Apple Credits' each day for their healthy behaviors:
- Earn 1 Apple Credit with the use of any FREE StayFit Indoor Fitness Room, or the purchase of a StayFit convenience item in the Travel Store.
- Earn 2 Apple Credits with the purchase of a StayFit meal in the full-service restaurant.
Drivers simply swipe their UltraOone Card with each purchase or to access the indoor fitness room to qualify for Apple Credits. At the end of the 8-week program, participants who earn 120-199 Apple Credits can redeem them for a StayFit Towel and members who earn 200 or more Apple Credits can redeem for a StayFit Baseball Cap. All Apple Credits are tracked and visible on the UltraOne kiosk.
To make healthy eating and physical activity easier for drivers, TA and Petro have expanded the StayFit program to include new lower calorie menu items, outdoor fitness 'rooms,' and additional indoor fitness rooms.
Full-service restaurant menus are marked with special 'StayFit 600' icons to designate options under 600 calories. Travel Stores have a dedicated StayFit area with more the 80 better-for-you snack and drink choices, as well as fresh fruit. And, the number of free, StayFit fitness rooms in the TA and Petro network has increased to 48 with the opening of three new indoor fitness rooms and four new outdoor fitness 'rooms' scheduled to open in June, 2013.