If you're driving in Minneapolis, you may encounter overnight weeknight and weekend delays and detours on Interstate 94 and Interstate 35W as crews close the roadway to redeck the Park Avenue and Portland Avenue Bridges spanning the two freeways.
- At 10 p.m. Monday, May 6 eastbound I-94 between the I-35W/94 split and Highway 55 will close.
- At 10 p.m. Tuesday, May 7 northbound I-35W between Highway 65 and Park Avenue will close.
- At 10 p.m. Wednesday, May 8 southbound I-35W between Highway 55 and Franklin Avenue will close.
- At 10 p.m. Thursday, May 9 westbound I-94 between Highway 280 and Highway 65 will close.
- All lanes will re-open by 5 a.m. on the following day.
In addition, at 6 a.m. Monday, May 6 the Portland Avenue Bridge spanning the freeways between East 15th Street and East 18th Street will close. At 9 a.m. Monday, May 6, the Park Avenue Bridge spanning the freeways between East 17th and East 18th Street also will close. Both bridges will re-open in early August.
Beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, May 10, northbound I-35W between the downtown exits and Highway 280 and southbound I-35W between the I-94/35W split and Highway 55 will close. Eastbound I-94 between the I-35W/94 split and Highway 55 and westbound I-94 between Highway 280 and Highway 65 also will close. The full closures are necessary as crews continue work on the Park and Portland Avenue Bridges and maintenance crews conduct a full complement of road repairs on northbound I-35W between I-94 and the Highway 36/Hwy 280 confluence.
The roadways will re-open by 5 a.m. Monday, May 13.
During the closures, traffic will be detoured to westbound and eastbound Interstate 694, Highway 280 and northbound and southbound Interstate 35W.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511.org or dial 5-1-1.