The Truckload Carriers Association has elected Tom Kretsinger Jr., president of American Central Transport Inc. of Liberty, Mo., as its 2013-2014 chairman.
TCA Chairman, Tom Kretsinger, Jr.
During his year-long term as TCA chair, Kretsinger says he plans to build upon the achievements of the two most recent chairmen.
“I appreciate the important contributions that my predecessors, Chairman Gary Salisbury and Chairman Robert Low, have made to the industry’s image and, particularly, drivers’ health. We need to build on the foundation they’ve laid,” he said.
Kretsinger’s first objective as chairman will be to conduct a strategic plan, something TCA has only done twice in the last 20 years. The result should produce a snapshot of what the organization should look like in three years, with the ultimate goal of building a “best in class” organization that will keep truckload issues moving forward well into the future.
“I believe annual planning is an excellent way to focus on the important things and help TCA carry out the mission envisioned by its members," Kretsinger says. "It will allow leadership to track our progress toward important goals, help maintain continuity as leadership changes, and develop key performance indicators to determine objectively if we’re being successful in the areas of most importance to the truckload segment. After all, in order to get to where you’re going, one has to know the destination.”
While Kretsinger plans to continue TCA’s highly successful educational and networking offerings, he is also mindful of the membership’s viewpoints and the increasingly regulated nature of their businesses. Therefore, he will place renewed emphasis on advocacy and will appoint a committee to explore ways that TCA’s policies can generate the best possible impact in Washington.
“Our members’ voices need to be heard," he says. "Working within and in conjunction with ATA, truckload carriers are a powerful voice and have a lot more influence in shaping policy than they sometimes realize.”
The following individuals were elected to assist him:
- First Vice Chairman: Shepard Dunn, President & CEO, Best Way Express, Inc., Vincennes, Indiana
- Second Vice Chairman: Keith Tuttle, President, Motor Carrier Service, Inc., Northwood, Ohio
- Secretary: Russell Stubbs, CEO & President, FFE Transportation Services, Inc., Dallas, Texas
- Treasurer: Rob Penner, Executive Vice President, COO Bison Transport, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Assn. VP to ATA: Thomas Witt, President, Roehl Flatbed & Specialized, Roehl Transport, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Immediate Past Chairman: Robert Low, President & Founder, Prime Inc., Springfield, Missouri
- At-Large Officer: Daniel I. Doran, President, Ace Doran Hauling & Rigging, Cincinnati, Ohio
- At-Large Officer: Josh Kaburick, Chief Operating Officer, Earl L. Henderson Trucking Company, Salem, Illinois
- At-Large Officer: Daniel L. Oren, Vice President, Dart Transit Company, Eagan, Minnesota
- At-Large Officer: Aaron Tennant, President, Tennant Truck Lines, Inc., Colona, Illinois
Kretsinger will lead TCA until the next TCA Annual Convention, scheduled for March 23-26, 2014, at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas.