Six commercial truck dealers were nominated for the 2013 Truck Dealer of the Year, a national award presented by the American Truck Dealers and Heavy Duty Trucking magazine.
Nominees for the annual award were selected by their peers and will be evaluated on dealership performance, civic contributions and industry leadership. The winner and runner-up will be chosen by a panel of professors from Indiana Universitys Kelley School of Business.
The nominees are:
- Steve Bacalis, president and CEO of Tom Nehl Truck Co., Jacksonville, Fla.;
- Sheila M. Horwith, CEO of Horwith Trucks Inc., Northampton, Pa.;
- Andrew G. Linn Jr., president of Southland International Trucks Inc., Homewood, Ala.;
- Scott E. Oliphant, president of Kenworth of South Louisiana, LLC, in Gray, La.;
- Todd Schaub, dealer principal of S & S Volvo, in Lima, Ohio; and
- Brad Wilson, president of Sioux City Truck Sales, Inc., in Sioux City, Iowa.
The winner and runner-up will be announced Saturday, Feb. 9, at the 50th annual ATD Convention and Expo, which once again runs concurrently with the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Convention and Expo, in Orlando, Fla., from Feb. 8-11.Related Stories:2/6/2012 Terry Dotson Named Truck Dealer of the Year