LAS VEGAS - American Trucking Associations acknowledged some of the industry's finest performances during the federation's annual Management Conference and Exhibition to recognize the winners of several of the industry's most important honors.
The award winners recognized by ATA were:
- Don Logan, a FedEx Freight driver from Topeka, Kan., 2012 Bendix National Truck Driving Championships Grand Champion, sponsored by Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, LLC;
- 2012 Technology and Maintenance Council SuperTech Grand Champion Christopher Barnett, a technician with Ryder System, Hebron, Ky.;
- Ronald Fuller, a Dallas-based driver for Central Freight Lines, 2012 National Truck Driver of the Year, sponsored by Custard Insurance Adjusters;
- Robert Petrancosta, safety director with Con-way Freight, Ann Arbor, Mich., 2012 National Safety Director of the Year, sponsored by Great West Casualty Company; and
- The National Safety Professional Award of Excellence, sponsored by Meritor Wabco, is a first-time award designed to pay tribute to dedicated and accomplished safety professionals who contribute greatly to the success of their motor carrier's safety programs and experience, but who do not hold the highest safety title within their company: James Ransom, director of safety, Boyd Brothers Transportation Inc., Clayton, Ala.; David Guess, Usher Transport, Louisville, Ky.; and Tom DiSalvi, Schneider National Carriers, Green Bay, Wis.