The Association of Diesel Specialists offered scholarships to individuals demonstrating an eagerness to explore diesel technology and to develop skills necessary for a career in the diesel industry.
The scholarships seek to recruit new students to diesel training programs at institutions participating in the ADS TechSmart program.
For the 2012 ADS/Henry and Esther Ortner Educational Foundation Scholarship, ADS awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships to 10 students for the 2012-2013 academic school year.
2012 ADS/Ortner scholarship recipients
- Harry Biron of Lima, Ohio University of Northwest Ohio
- Jacob Gill of Addison, N.Y. Alfred State College
- Conner Kavanagh of Richwood, Ohio University of Northwest Ohio
- Brandon Kennedy of Norwood, Colo. WyoTech
- Benjamin Kuhn of Galena, Ill. Madison Area Technical
- Luke Meuchel of Darby, Mont. WyoTech
- Zach Ramirez of Decatur, Texas WyoTech
- Jacob Wells of Meshoppen, Pa. WyoTech
- Michael Woods of Attica, N.Y. Alfred State College
- Cory Zabel of Markesan, Wis. Madison Area Technical
Submissions for the ADS/Henry and Esther Ortner Educational Foundation Scholarship are received through the automotive scholarship website, www.AutomotiveScholarships.com.
Through the efforts of ADS and other regional associations, along with the supporters of the Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium scholarship fund, ADS is able to assist students pursuing a career in the diesel industry.