Four cargo tank test and inspections workshops offered by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the National Tank Truck Carriers association are open for registration.
The workshops will be held in the following cities in 2012: New Orleans, July 17-18; Kansas City, Mo., Aug. 15-16; Hartford, Conn., Aug. 22-23; and Anchorage, Alaska, Sept. 5-6.
FMCSA developed the workshop program to provide up-to-date information to tank truck carrier and commercial repair facility personnel responsible for compliance with DOT regulatory requirements. Topics covered include:
- Overview of 49 CFR Part 180
- Special test/inspection conditions
- Registration procedures for test/inspection facilities
- Qualifications of registered inspectors and authorized inspectors
- External and internal visual inspections
- Pressure, leakage, and thickness tests
- Lining inspections
- Record keeping
- DOT interpretations
- Compliance and enforcement issues
Online registration is available at www.tanktruck.org. The $295 per person registration includes a detailed workbook, NTTC Hazardous Materials Regulations Book, two lunches and morning coffee and a certificate of attendance.