The Truckload Carriers Association
announced the division winners of its 36th annual National Fleet Safety Awards.
The awards recognize trucking companies that demonstrate a superior commitment to safety and accident reduction.
The division winners are listed according to the order they placed in each category: Division I Winners (Less than 5 million miles)
1. Rocha Transportation, Ceres, Calif.
2. Art Pape Transfer Inc., Dubuque, Iowa
3. Specialty Transport Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.
Division II Winners (5-14.99 million miles)
1. Southland Transportation Co., Boonville, N.C.
2. Houff Transfer Inc., Weyers Cave, Va.
3. Skyline Transportation Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.
Division III Winners (15-24.99 million miles)
1. Stagecoach Cartage & Dist. LP, El Paso, Texas
2. Grand Island Express, Grand Island, Neb.
3. Ace Doran Hauling & Rigging, Cincinnati, Ohio
Division IV Winners (25-49.99 million miles)
1. Titan Transfer Inc., Shelbyville, Tenn.
2. Erb International Inc., New Hamburg, Ontario
3. N. Yanke Transfer, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Division V Winners (50-99.99 million miles)
1. Groupe Robert Inc., Rougemont, QuÃƒÆ'Ã‚Â©bec
2. Navajo Express Inc., Denver, Col.
3. May Trucking Company, Salem, Ore.
Division VI Winners (100 million or more miles)
1. Bison Transport Inc., Winnipeg, Manitoba
2. Gordon Trucking Inc., Pacific, Wash.
3. Roehl Transport Inc., Marshfield, Wisc.
The division winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony at TCA's annual convention, March 4-7 in Kissimmee, Fla, as well as during TCA's safety and security division's annual meeting, May 20-22 in Norman, Okla.
Of these 18 companies, two will advance to win
the grand prizes, to be announced March 6. The two grand-prize winners, one in the "less than 25 million annual miles" category and one in the "25 million or more annual miles" category, will be judged on their overall safety programs, both on- and off-highway, including employee driver/independent contractor selection procedures, training, supervision, accident investigation, inspection and maintenance of equipment, and outside activities, including general highway safety.