Public hearings on the Federal Motor Carrier Administration’s proposed changes to the hours of service rules will begin in Washington at the end of the month and continue in cities around the country through June.
The Washington hearing will be May 31-June 1 in Room 2230 of the Department of Transportation, 400 7th St., S.W. It is the only hearing at which witnesses will be scheduled – the others will be first-come, first to speak.
If you want to testify at the Washington hearing, or have questions about the other hearings, call Stanley Hamilton of FMCSA at 202-366-0665.
Here is the schedule for the other hearings:
* June 7-8, Ontario, CA, Room 104B, Ontario Convention Center, 2000 Convention Center Way.
* June 12-13, Denver, CO, Auditorium 2, Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 15200 W. 6th Ave, Golden, CO.
* June 15-16, Kansas City, MO, Wagstaff Theater, American Royal Center Complex, 1701 American Royal Ct.
* June 20-21, Indianapolis, IN, Union Federal Southwest Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, 1202 E. 38th St.
* June 26-27, Hartford, CT, Quality Inn Conference Center, 51 Hartford Turnpike. The hotel is in Vernon, CT, seven miles east of Hartford, on Route 83, Exit 63 off I-84.
* June 29-30, Atlanta South Truck Stop, Travelcenters of America, 122 Truck Stop Way, Jackson, GA, Exit 201 off of I-75.
* July 6-7, DOT headquarters, Washington, D.C.
You can also send your comments in the mail. The address is Docket Clerk, U.S. DOT Dockets, Room PL-401, 400 Seventh St., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20590. Refer to Docket No. FMCSA 97-2350.
Or you go to a DOT web site
to provide your input.